Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I asked Allah

I received the poem below through e-mail and I believed that many people have also received it and gained strength from the beautiful meaning hidden behind it like I do. Whoever that writer was, I pray that Allah will continue to give her/him Hidayah, strength and wisdom to share many more beautiful poems like this with us. Allah is Great.

I ASKED ALLAH

I asked for strength
And Allah gave me difficulties to make me strong

I asked for wisdom
And Allah gave me problem to solve

I asked for prosperity
And Allah gave me brain and brawn to work

I asked for courage
And Allah gave me danger to overcome

I asked for love
And Allah gave me trouble people to help

I asked for favors
And Allah gave me opportunities

I received nothing I wanted…….
I received everything I really needed!!!

3 comments:

Sofian said...

Mak Aji dear

A beautiful poem. Takes me back to my younger days. In those days, parents focused more on the child's needs, less on what the child wanted.

Nowadays, I see many parents over-compensating for their absence from the home by giving the child everything it WANTS but nothing that it NEEDS.

Just a thought I wanted to share.

Leyla Shuri said...

Selamat meneruskan ibadah ramadan, greetings from our family to yours.

Anonymous said...

Esah: Thanks for dropping by. Your comment made me do some soul searching on myself as a mother. Thanks again.

Halela: Same to you and your family.